This is another version of my Sugar Free Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins.
I recently completed a 6 week woodworking class and had to leave the house by 7.30am every morning. These were the perfect, healthy, sugar free scone for me to take for breakfast. They didn’t leave me crashing from sugar, and kept me full until lunch. For lunch I took my Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Low Calorie Dressing.
1 oz of Nuts Every Day
For optimum health, eat 1 oz of nuts, for the omega 3’s and heart and brain protection. You can also add them to the scone dough, or serve on the side with fruit and yoghurt. For another nut filled breakfast recipe, try Apple Pie Oatmeal.
I used stevia to sweeten these so there was no glycemic reaction (craving more sugar 30 minutes after eating). I served them with organic strawberries and they were delicious.
You can make double the recipe and freeze them for the entire week.
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- Stevia or Honey or Agave – Sweeten to Taste
- 4oz Vegan Butter – Frozen
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Chia Seeds - Mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water
- In a chilled bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add frozen butter and crumble in with finger tips.
- Mix in liquids and form into dough.
- Make into a ball and flatten. Cut into 6 and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with chopped strawberries.
It looks so wonderful. Oatmeal is a perfect powder. I have been using it for over 2 years. I love having it for my breakfast. I will try this recipeReply