A paleo crunchy cauliflower recipe with nuts and a creamy, citrus garlic ranch dressing. Flavor packed!
We are eating a vegetarian Paleo diet, and I was trying to think of an alternative to using flour for my Crunchy Cauliflower treats (a must for a healthy, low calorie super bowl party dish). I tried this delicious substitute and was delighted with the result. Roasted nuts. Really tasty and crunchy and very easy to make.
Under 150 Calories
An entire head of cauliflower serves at least 6 ( 110 calories a serving) to 8 people (83 calories per serving). If you use a tomato based dressing, add another 30 calories for 1/4 cup and this snack comes in at under 150 calories. Considering that 2 mozzarella sticks are 180 calories, this is a healthy, satisfying, paleo alternative.
You can serve this with a Ranch Dressing or a Tomato Horseradish dip or buy one if you are pushed for time.
- 1 Head Cauliflower - Broken into florets
- 2 Free Range Eggs (use egg substitute for vegan)
- 4 oz Roasted Nuts - Almonds and Cashews or your favorite
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard - You can use dry powder
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- In a bowl, mix eggs, mustard and season.
- Toss cauliflower florets in egg mix.
- Dip each floret into the nuts and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Serve with dressing of choice.
- Note: You will have nuts left over, but you need to be able to toss the florets easily, so you really only use 2oz of nuts.
What are free range eggs?Reply