To make really delicious tasting food, I believe there are a few essentials that you must keep in your kitchen at all times. Here is my must have list:
- Chicken Stock Cubes – Or vegan Not chick’n Bouillon .
- Fresh Oregano and Basil
- Fresh Garlic
- Freshly ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Do you have a cupboard full of old herbs? They are really only good for 3 months, so if you have anything older, just throw them all out. Take every single old jar out and throw it in the bin. Just buy small amounts from the bulk bins. Or better still, grow your own.
Even if you don’t have a garden, it’s easy to have 2 little pots with oregano and basil growing. They are so easy to keep and they are pretty hardy. They taste so much better than old dried herbs.
This lasagne was a hit and full of flavor, but I prefer a vegetarian alternative, like my Beefless Shepherds Pie. Just as flavorful and lower in calories than meat.
I like to use free range ground turkey breast, so that I don’t find any unwanted bits in my turkey. I used the regular ground turkey once and found something unspeakable. I guess they really like to use all of the parts of the turkey.
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 1 1b Free Range Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 Zucchini - Chopped
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach or 1 Cup Frozen
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- 1 28 oz Can Tomatoes
- 2 Tbs Tomato Puree
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 4 Chicken Stock Cubes
- Freshly Ground Sea salt and Black Pepper
- Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets - Boiled
- Saute Onion, garlic and zucchini in a little oil for 8 mins.
- Add turkey and brown for another 5.
- Add remaining ingredients (except lasagne sheets) and gently boil for 20 minutes.
- Layer between lasagne sheets.
- Top with a white sauce or cheese
This turkey spinach lasagne is delicious !Reply