A highly nutritious alternative to cheesy, high calorie, high fat, Alfredo sauce. Serve over spaghetti squash or pasta or steamed vegetables. I had mine over steamed broccoli, carrots and french beans. Perfect. You can also make this vegan by using almond milk.
Nutritional yeast has a cheesy taste and can be added to the sauce for flavor ( 1 Tbs ). You can also add real cheese and know that you are still hiding a cancer fighting vegetable in a deliciously, healthy cheesy sauce.
Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo
- 6 cloves Garlic - Minced
- 2 Tbs Health Balance Butter
- ½ head Cauliflower - Broken into Florets
- 3 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Half and Half or Almond Milk
- Saute garlic in butter on low until soft.
- Boil stock with bay leaf and cook cauliflower until soft, 7- 8 minutes.
- In a blender, add 1 cup of stock and cauliflower and remaining ingredients. You can also add a splash of olive oil if you like. Puree until smooth.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or vegetables.
How much nutritional yeast did you add? I don’t see it in the recipe. Thanks!Reply