In the continuing search for healthy but delicious cauliflower recipes, here are my Cauliflower Bites. They have a crunchy outside with a cheesy, herby center.
I was going to take a beautiful picture for you, but I wasn’t fast enough. People got to them first. If you go to the store to buy steel wool and mineral spirits to restore your 1907 Stanley Bailey hand Plane, the yummy bites will not be there when you get back.
These little bites are perfect for taking to a party or to offer to guests. You can also put a little something tasty to serve on the top. Sliced tomato or avocado, a smidgen of smoked salmon, Branston Pickle, sunflower sprouts, water cress or just a little sprig of cilantro.
They can also be served as a tasty after school snack. You may also like to try my Low Calorie Crunchy Cauliflower.
- 1 Cauliflower - Chopped to Fine breadcrumbs
- ½ Onion - Grated or Chopped
- 5-10 Peeled Garlic Cloves
- 1 Egg
- 10 oz Cheddar Cheese - Grated
- 1 tsp Mustard - Dijon is best
- Fresh Cilantro - Optional
- Shake of Paprika - Optional
- Freshly Ground Sea salt and Black Pepper
- In a food processor, make the cauliflower into breadcrumbs. add the garlic at the same time so you don't have to use a garlic crush. You can also chop or grate.
- Stir cauliflower and garlic mix into remaining ingredients in a bowl and spoon into a well oiled muffin tin.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until browned.
this sounds like a good stuffing for mushroom caps. What do you think?Reply