I am always trying to find dishes that can be prepared in advance. This is a wonderful way to get breakfast ready the night before. Just leave in a dish in the fridge the night before and cook it in the morning.
I am going to make this for Christmas morning. You can add chicken or vegetarian sausage, mushrooms, smoked salmon or cream cheese to make this into a gourmet delight. It is very easy and requires very little skill or time.
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Onion -Chopped
- 1 Zucchini - Grated
- 2 Roma Tomatoes - Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup Cream ( optional- this adds 40 calories per serving )
- Freshly Ground Pepper and Salt
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- Saute onion and garlic in butter in a skillet.
- Shred cheese, beat eggs, grate zucchini and mix in a bowl with mustard and seasoning.
- Add cream to egg mix.
- Add onions to egg mix and stir.
- Grease a muffin tin and pour mixture into tin.
- Decorate with slices of tomato ( and anchovies if desired).
- Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown.