My husband is doing a very strict diet, and is eating only protein shakes (full of nasty stuff) and a handful of almost zero calorie vegetables. Of course nothing is totally calorie free, but some vegetables are so low, you can eat controlled amounts without putting weight on. He has been eating sticks of celery and chunks of cucumber, with no dressing. He won’t even eat tomatoes, so I decided to see if I could come up with something different for him, that kept him on the straight and narrow.
His favorite dish is Tabbouleh, so to his delight, I made this little dish for him. It is the first time he has actually had a plate with food in front of him in 10 days. So he really appreciated it. He has 1 tablespoon of an oil every day, so I used his allowance in this salad.
If you are eating a very strict, controlled diet and you have very little choice, this salad is a must. I have to confess I won’t be eating it, but I thought I would share this with you.
I made double this recipe and kept the extra in an airtight container in the fridge.
- ½ Head Cauliflower - Breadcrumb size
- 1 Cucumber - Diced small
- ¼ Onion - Diced small
- 5 Sticks Celery - Diced small
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- ½ Cup Mint
- Bunch Parsley
- 1 lemon - Juiced
- Freshly Ground Sea salt and Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- In the food processor, chop the cauliflower until it resembles breadcrumbs. I also put the parsley and garlic, to save a step.
- In a bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir. Best eaten the following day.
- Keep in the fridge.