I like to keep the calories down but still make a little protein dish to enjoy at the weekends. This soup usually has rice or pasta, but I used a wonderful substitution, virtually zero calorie kelp noodles.
Kelp noodles are 18 calories for the entire packet. That means there are only 4 calories per serving in this soup. They don’t taste of anything, so they just soak up the flavors of whatever you serve them with. You can still have the texture and chewiness of eating noodles, but without the calories. What a find! I love these.
I also make Fresh Spring Rolls with Wasabi Ginger Dipping Sauce with these noodles. Another super low calorie recipe idea for you, if you are trying to loose weight. They are also a great idea to take for lunch if you want something fresh that doesn’t leave you tired at 3pm.
- 8 Turkey balls
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- Optional - (Carrots & Celery - Chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 4 Cups water and 2 not Chic'n Bouillon
- Handful Fresh Spinach
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Handfull of Kelp Noodles - Soaked
- Saute onions and garlic in a little oil on medium until soft.
- add remaining ingredients, but keep the kelp noodles aside.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium/low.
- Serve soup into a bowl and add a handful of noodles to the hot soup. No cooking required.