We are on day 10 of a vegetable only juice fast. This lasagne is our transition meal. After day 21, we will have 2 juices and one low calorie, plant based meal per day. It is so much easier than we thought to stick to a juice cleanse. The vegetable juice is so packed with nutrients, that we are rarely even hungry. Our skin looks healthier, our energy levels are high and our taste buds are more alive than they have ever been.
Every year we fast on Jan 1st for 21 days. This year we decided to start our diet early and avoid all the bloating and feeling fat and tired because of all the holiday food. We are planning to have a Vegan Christmas dinner (we have vegan guests), and Lobster Bisque on Christmas Eve, but apart from that, we are juicing it all the way.
This dish is a real treat after having eaten nothing solid for so long. It is very healthy and low calorie and there is nothing hard to digest. You could serve it with a baked potato and peas and even the most ardent meat lover would be satisfied.
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- 1 15oz Can Black Beans
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 2 Tbs Tomato Puree
- 2 Tbs Sundried Tomatoe
- 1 15oz Can Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Dry Oregano and Basil or (fresh if available)
- 1 Cup Vegan Cheese to top
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- For the layers
- 2 Zucchini - Thinly Sliced Lengthways
- Slice Zucchini very thin using a vegetable peeler or mouli to replace pasta. Set aside.
- Saute Onion and garlic in a little oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Layer black bean sauce and zucchini slices. Finish with a layer of zucchini.
- Top with Vegan cheese.
- Bake 350F for 40 minutes until golden brown.