Make it Easy
You can often get pre chopped moix pois (onion, carrot and celery) if you look. I get it at Trader Joe’s. If you can get this pre chopped start to almost every soup, the rest is a breeze.
There really is no need to soak the beans if you are going to let the soup sit and cook all day. You can soak them in hot water to cut down on the cooking time, but I find the longer you leave this kind of soup to gently simmer, the better it will taste.
Add 80 calories if you want to sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top.
Prep Time: 4 minutes (with moix pois)
Cooking time: 4-6 Hours
Serves: 6 x 12 oz portions
Calories: 140 Per Serving
- Splash Olive Oil
- 1 Cup White Beans
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- 2 Carrots - Chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery - Chopped
- 2 Zucchini - Sliced
- 3 - 6 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tomato - Chopped
- 6oz Vegan Organic Chorizo
- 3 Cubes Not Chickn Bouillon
- 6 Cups Water - Or a little more or less depending on your taste
- Freshly Ground Sea salt and Black Pepper
- Put everything into the crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours. No need to pre soak the beans. You can always use a can of beans, but dry are better.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.