If you want an easy to make, mildly spiced, healthy, low calorie dish, for when your friends or family visit, this is the one for you. It is fresh, full of flavor and easily make in one pot.
Make this the day before you want to eat it and let the shrimp absorb all the wonderful, fresh flavors of this fabulous Indian dish.
Serve with brown rice and a big fresh organic salad.
- ½ lb Wild Caught Shrimp
- 2 Organic Onions - 1 Diced, 1 Blended to a puree
- 2 - 4 Ripe Organic Tomatoes - Diced
- 1 Small Eggplant - Diced really small ( optional )
- 3 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbs Lime juice
- 6 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- ½ - 1 Cup Water - Less if you want a thicker sauce
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cardamom Pods - Cracked to release the seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Chill powder
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander
- Saute diced onion and spices ( except cinnamon stick ) in coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients ( except shrimp) and cook for 15-30 minutes, until eggplant is very soft.
- Add shrimp and cook until white ( 10 minutes ). Take out cinnamon stick.
- Serve on a bed of brown or Basmati rice, yogurt and fresh cilantro.
- This dish is best served the next day. Just cook the shrimp for 5 minutes on step 3, so they are not overdone when you reheat the curry.