A beautiful, bright red tea to cool you in the hot summer sun, or warm you in the depths of the winter.
I have been making gallons of Hibiscus Tea lately and I wanted to share this recipe with you. It is from my new website Ocean of Tea.
Vibrantly colored and refreshingly delicious, Hibiscus flower tea is made from the sun dried and hand-picked Hibiscus Sabdariffa plant.
This delicious tea is packed full of Calyces, which contain high levels of antioxidants, an essential part of our diets. They help us get rid of the free radicals that build up in our system and can cause DNA damage. They also help to reverse the aging process.
Anti-Oxidants help to reduce inflammation and consequently protect us against chronic disease, such as, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and cancer, PCOS, heart disease, IBS, Parkinson’s, Crohn’s, infertility, premature aging and obesity.
By drinking hibiscus tea, you can also enjoy the benefits of vitamin C – Helping to support your immune system and assisting with iron absorption.
A healthy, cancer fighting drink you can make and keep in a 2 1/2 gallon container in the fridge. Ice cold and ready for every occasion. A fruity, aromatic, tart infusion with overtones of citrus and pomegranate. Go ahead and try some. I know you will be hooked.
- 10 Tablespoons Organic Hibiscus Flower
- 10 Cups Filtered Water
- Cherry Jucie - Optional. Add until desired sweetness.
- Heat the flowers and water in a pan on medium heat for 10 -20 minutes.
- Leave to steep until cool.
- Place into 2½ gallon container and top up with water.
- Add desired amount of cherry juice until you get the desired sweetness. I just use 2 cups.