I’m Having a Step Daughter!!
I am Godmother to my X husbands new daughter who is due on the same day that my daughter was born. Just one week away now. We are both very excited about her having a new baby sister and this blueberry crisp is for my sister-in-law.
I know my ex-husbands wife is not technically my sister-in-law, but they don’t really have a good name for that position. If her daughter is my step daughter, she has to be something, right? She said she didn’t mind what baby called me, but grandma might make me feel too old. Cheeky monkey!
I wanted to give her a sweet treat, but nothing heavy, and of course no sugar or wheat. This is a lovely, tart summer treat that is just delightful with greek yogurt and honey or fresh real cream. There is no fuss to make it and I used everything I had in my kitchen.
You can add any other berries you have or chopped apple. I used orange juice to add a little liquid and a hint of fresh citrus. You could also add peeled oranges or a squeeze of lemon juice.Tip …. No need to chop the walnuts and have them fly onto the floor. Just use a rolling pin or an empty jar and crush them a little. Easy.
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- ½ Cup Almond Meal ( or flour)
- ½ Cup Raw Walnuts - Washed and lightly Crushed
- Agave to taste (or sugar if you like it sweet)
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tbs Butter or Vegan Butter - Chilled and Cut into small cubes
- 3 Cups Bluberries - Washed
- Put blueberries into an oven proof dish.
- Put all remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Top with dry mix and bake for 20-25 mins until golden, 350 F.