7 Raw Almonds a Day
The one dessert I have consistently eaten for the past 30 years, is berries, nuts and yogurt. I always have these three items in my kitchen, and they are healthy, low calorie, nutritious foods. Every day, I have at least 7 raw almonds.
Here are just a few of the benefits of eating raw almonds every day…………. They are amongst the highest source of Vitamin E, and also contain anti-oxidants, B2 and trace minerals. 1/4 Cup of almonds contains more protein than an egg. They lower LDL-Cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease and provide protection against diabetes and cardiovascular disease. They improve the flow of blood, nutrients and oxygen around the body. According to the International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders, an almond-enriched low calorie diet can help overweight individuals loose weight more effectively than a low calorie diet higher in complex carbohydrates. Eating almonds also help prevent gall stones.
Keep them in a mason jar in the fridge and start the day off with some highly nutritious Almonds.
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- Handful Fresh Blueberries
- Raw Honey to taste
- Stevia to taste
- 1 Cup Almonds - Chopped (makes extra)
- Greek Yogurt
- Chop almonds in food processor.
- Place on a baking tray and Bake with a little honey at 160-170F (this temp helps preserve healthy oils) until golden. After 10 minutes, Check every 2 minutes to make sure they don't burn.
- Place 2 Cups of raspberries in a pan with a little water and stevia to taste. Heat for a few minutes and then blend to a puree with a hand wand or food processor..
- Pour yogurt into glass.
- Spoon a little raspberry puree on top of the yogurt.
- Pour a little more yogurt onto the raspberries.
- Top with blueberries and honey roasted almonds.
- Chill and serve.