Thanks to You
I would like to start by saying thank you to you all. To everyone who has signed up with Going Cavewoman over the past 6 months. I am delighted that there are so many people who are looking for a healthier, more natural way of eating. I hope my weekly recipes continue to inspire you. If anyone has any requests for recipes they would like me to post, and they would like help turning a dish gluten and sugar free, please just let me know and I will be happy to get my thinking cap on for you.
An Italian Flavor
This is a very succulent dish with an Italian flavor. I make my own marinara sauce, so the fresh oregano, basil, capers and garlic infuse with the chicken as it poaches in the juicy tomatoes. If you start with a good sauce, you can make anything taste delicious. In fact, I don’t even eat the chicken, I just pile the marinara sauce onto my artichoke and black olive salad. The sauces in the store are never as good as home made and the good one’s can cost over $10.
If you want, you can add grated mozzarella before you bake this. You can also add chopped vegetables around the edge of the dish. They will be poached in the marinara sauce as the dish cooks and will taste delicious. Add zucchini, peppers, artichoke hearts, anything you have available.
- 1 1b Free Range Chicken Breast
- ½ Onion - Finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach
- 6oz Ricotta Cheese
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 16oz Jar Marinara Sauce - Home made recipe
- Thyme Sprigs - Optional
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Slice chicken breast in half so it is really thin. Pound in a ziplock if required.
- Sauté finely diced onion and garlic in a skillet.
- Add spinach, ricotta, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Place spinach mix in the center of the flattened chicken and fold sides into a parcel.
- Use toothpicks to hold the parcel together.
- Place chicken parcel in oven-proof dish.
- Pour marinara sauce on top of chicken and add thyme sprigs.
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes. I covered it in foil to keep the chicken tender.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.