If you are on a quest for serving healthy, vegetable rich, sugar free, flour free, unprocessed breakfasts, this recipe is perfect.
I am trying to base my diet on paleo, but I use legumes instead of red meat. It works for me and it means my vegan daughter can join in. For the strict paleo’s, you can just use meat instead of black beans.
Lots of green, a lean, non animal fat free protein. It’s filling, low calorie, gluten free and so tasty. You can make plenty, (store in a glass container) so that you can serve this breakfast again the next day or use it in a salad for lunch.
Here is another healthy, delicious breakfast, Paleo Cauliflower and Spinach Breakfast Bread.
Full of the Mexican flavors we love, cumin, cilantro, tomato and chili and a delightful start to the day. It’s also so filling, that it will keep you going until well into the afternoon.
Assemble in any order you like and serve with gluten free tortillas if you prefer.
This recipe looks like it has a ton of ingredients, but you really just need black beans, eggs, tomato and avocado. The rest is just to add flavor. Use what you have. If you prefer, use Italian seasoning. Basil, Oregano and use green bell pepper instead of the green chili.
- 2 Eggs - Whole
- 3 Egg Yolks
- Bunch Kale - Chopped
- 2 Cups Cooked Black Beans (I added ½ Cup Marinara Sauce)
- Splash of Oil - Your choice - I use coconut to cook Olive to taste
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes - Chopped (you can add Cumin & Garlic and Olive Oil)
- ¼ Avocado
- Green Onion - Chopped (optional)
- 4oz Can Fire Roasted Green Chilies (optional)
- 3 Cloves garlic
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika - Optional
- ½ tsp Lime or lemon Juice
- Bunch Cilantro - Chopped
- Hot Sauce - Use your favorite
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- (Grated Cheddar - Optional)
- Heat black beans. Season with (marinara sauce-optional), garlic, cumin, paprika, cilantro and freshly ground sea salt and black pepper. 10 mins
- Wash and chop kale. Heat oil and cook kale in a skillet until it wilts.
- Wash and chop tomatoes, cilantro and green onion. Store in glass containers with lids until needed.
- Chop avocado and add lemon/lime Juice and seasoning.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and season. Heat oil or butter in a skillet and cook eggs on high until scrambled 5-8 mins.
- To assemble:- Put beans on a plate, top with kale, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and avocado. Garnish with cilantro (and optional cheddar).