Smoked salmon, capers and cream cheese. A delightfully sophisticated combination. This is the perfect Friday treat or dinner party appetizer or delicious snack for a summer barbecue. Best served with a cold, dry bottle of champagne. A wonderful way to kick off the weekend. Have you worked hard all week? I am sure every single one of you has. Whether your kids are still at home or you have an empty nest, we all deserve a Friday treat. Gluten free and not highly calorific, yet creamy and indulgent.
The best part is that it doesn’t take any skill to prepare. It also looks delicious and it can be knocked up in two shakes of a lambs tail.
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 3oz Smoked Salmon
- Few Sprigs of Dill and Parsley
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Large Garlic Clove
- 1 Tbs Capers
- Squeeze of Lime
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Cucumber - Sliced
- Blend the cheese and onion and garlic first. You want to get all the lumps out so you can pipe easily.
- Now add the remaining ingredients, but jut gently pulse, so the herbs don't get totally blended and turns it all green.
- Slice Cucumber and pipe salmon on top, serve with sprigs parsley and lime.
- Chill until served.
- French bread, hollowed out, stuffed with the salmon mix and cut into rounds.
Smoked salmon on Rice Crackers with Tomato