This was a surprisingly tasty dish considering how little time it took to make.
Main or Side
This can be a main course or side vegetable dish. In England we call this cauliflower cheese and we add white sauce and cheese. It is delicious but loaded with calories. I have always made this light version. Just add cheese if you want to turn this into your main dish or you can try the white sauce and cheese version. I served this with peas and steamed broccoli. The broccoli can be roasted along with the cauliflower.
Add a spoonful of pesto if you want a little Italian kick to this dish and top with a little mozzarella. Sprinkle chopped green onion on top before final roast if you have some or roast cauliflower with some diced onion.
Add some sliced veggie or chicken sausages to the final roasting for some added flavor and protein. Here is another low calorie cauliflower recipe for you to try, Low Calorie Crunchy Cauliflower.
- Splash Olive oil
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- Bunch Parsley - Chopped
- 2 Slices Gluten Free Bread - Toasted
- Knob of Butter - Optional
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- Freshly Ground Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Break cauliflower into florets and put into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, seasoning and crushed garlic. Mix well and put onto a baking tray. Bake at 350 until browned.
- Toast the bread and make into breadcrumbs in a food processor.
- Place roasted cauliflower in an oven-proof dish, mix in chopped parsley, extra garlic if you love it, butter and seasoning.
- Bake again at 350F just to get the topping crunchy. About 10 minutes.
- Store your leftovers or uncooked cauliflower in a glass container to keep the food really fresh, and have it for lunch the next day.