These balls are delicious as a protein snack to have with a big fresh salad or to use in a soup, like my Wedding Soup with kelp Noodles.
I also made them into finger food for Super Bowl, and served them with a Sweet Paprika BBQ Sauce.
Of course they can be eaten in a slider burger bun with tomato, onion and mustard. Put a little toothpick through each one to hold them in place. A perfect party snack idea.
You can also add some breakfast seasoning, like sage, thyme and parsley. They can then be used as lower calorie sausage patties to substitute breakfast pork sausages.
- ¾ lb Free Range Turkey
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- ½ Cup Sweetcorn - Optional for strict Paleo's
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- ½ tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 Free Range Egg
- freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll into 12 balls and place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 400F until fully cooked.
- ½ Cup Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbs Butter - Melted
- ½ Cup Cider Vinegar
- ½ Lime - Juice only
- ¼ Onion
- ¼ Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbs Molasses
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1 Tbs Mustard (I used Dijon)
- 4 Clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Blend everything in a food processor and chill.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge.