If you are really short on time, this is a fast but tasty recipe. There is very little faffing around and the taste is quite delicious. I wouldn’t send a recipe your way that wasn’t scrumbalicious, but this one is a 9/10. The only thing that would make it a 10/10 would be to have naan bread with it. I love it but it doesn’t like me. So if you eat gluten, have a big bite for me!
Serve with a big fresh salad or rice if that is in your diet. Here is another lovely one pot chicken recipe, Easy Lemon Chicken with Artichokes.
- 2 Free Range Organic Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbs Ghee
- 1 Small Onion - sliced
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbs Ginger strips* (julienne)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Bay Leaf*
- 1 tsp Methi Leaves*
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 1 Cup Cream
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper ( and a few pepper corns)
- * Optional
- Cut chicken into 1 inch squares and marinate with ginger paste and chili powder. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1 Tbs ghee and cook the chicken until it turns white on each side and still pink in the middle and set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbs ghee in a skillet on med-low and saute onions, garlic and ginger julienne. Do not brown the onions, just soften.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently cook on low until chicken is fully cooked.