Free range organic chicken in a paleo, grain free taco with fresh cool cucumber and lemon salsa.
Make at least double the recipe because you are sure to want these again. I made extra cucumber salad and put shrimp and extra lemon into it. It was our evening meal the following night.
I just discovered a new, oil free and easy way to cook chicken. I am sure you have all been cooking this way for years. Having been vegetarian for so many years, I have only been cooking chicken for a a short while. This method is very simple and clean and fat free.
Just put a cup of chicken stock in the pan and gently cook with the lid on, for 30-45 minutes. Then shred. Simple. I used a chicken stock cube and a cup of water. It was tender and tasty and perfectly cooked. It’s my new favorite way of cooking chicken. No seasoning the pan or cleaning up oil spatter. Easy!
You serve these taco’s with my Creamy Raw Cashew Dressing as white sauce to go ontop.
- Free Range Chicken Breasts - Shredded
- Cup Chicken Stock or Water
- Large Cucumber - Diced
- /2 Red Onion - Diced
- Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- Jalepenos - Seeded scraped and Finely Diced
- Lemon - Juiced
- /4 Bunch Cilantro (or to taste) - Chopped
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- gently boil chicken in the stock, in a pan with the lid on, 30-40 minutes.
- Shred chicken with two forks when tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix. Add more or less lemon to taste.
- Serve chicken and cucumber salad on taco.
- 3 Free Range Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- Beat ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium and when up to temperature, pour enough batter for one taco into the center of the pan.
- Cook until golden brown and you are able to easily flip the taco, about 5 minutes. Cook the other side for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until all 3 taco's are cooked.