This is a delightful combination of cake flavors. Sweet moist cinnamon carrot cake and nutty banana walnut bread.
We have been following a 4 week Paleo Restart Plan. An online menu guide that takes all the hard work out of getting healthy, changing bad habits and menu planning.
Although I have given up sugar and wheat, I still had a few things that I really wanted to eliminate from my diet. This was a great way to achieve that. All I had to do was follow the plan.
Every day is laid out for you with a shopping list, pictures and easy to follow instructions.
Everything is there for you to follow, step by step. We loved it and decided to continue on with it after the four weeks. I am going to make my own plan with all of our favorite recipes.
It’s my husbands birthday, so I decided to make him a paleo cake. I was very happy with how it came out and he thought it was delicious.
If you are following a strict paleo diet, this is the perfect special occasion cake. It will delight all the paleo and non paleo humans.
I saw this recipe on a lovely, fresh site Peachy Palate.
- 2 Cups Finely Grated Organic Carrots
- 3 Free Range Organic Eggs
- 3 Tbs Honey
- 5 Dates - Pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 1 Banana - Mashed
- ½ Cup Ghee - Melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2½ Cups (250g) Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Walnuts - Chopped
- For the Frosting
- 2 Cups Soaked Cashews
- 3 tbs Ghee - Melted
- 2-3 tbsp Honey - Melted
- 1 tbs Vanilla Essence
- 2 Dates - Pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 1 Banana
- A little Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 4x 8 inch pans with parchment paper and grease with ghee.
- Mix all dry ingredients together with carrots in a bowl.
- Blend wet ingredients in a mixer, including banana.
- Stir wet into the dry mixture and pour into lined baking tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- When firm to the touch, take out and cool on a wire rack.
- When cake is cool, cover with frosting on each layer and finish with a layer on the top. I alos put a layer of chopped walnuts in the middle layer.
- Decorate the top with chopped walnuts.
- To Make the Frosting
- Blend soaked Cashews, ghee, honey, vanilla, dates, banana until smooth. Add a little milk if required.