Creamy, healthy and so low calorie. Soups are the best. Keep them in the fridge at all times!!!
Soups are so easy to make. They are inexpensive and you can make them very low calorie. I have a healthy, seasonal soup on hand, for a quick snack, at all times. They last for 4-5 days in the fridge and if you don’t have time to make anything elaborate, they can be served with a big fresh salad, and you have a delicious meal.
I also freeze at least half, so that I have food ready for when I don’t want to cook.
I use my hand blender at least twice a week. I have had it for at least 5 years and it is still going strong. I recommend one for every kitchen.
If you want to make this soup taste a little sweeter, just roast the squash in the oven on 400F for 20 minutes before you make the soup. No need to cook the soup for as long, just about 10 minutes should do it.
For a tasty topping, add roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds for extra protein and a little crunch. Just pop them on a baking tray and cook on 400F for 10-15 minutes. Splash a little Tamari (gluten free soy sauce) or Braggs (or soy sauce) as you bake them.
- 1 Butternut Squash - Peeled and cubed
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Not Chick'n Stock Cubes
- 3 Cups Water
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- To Serve
- Coconut Cream - Optional or Heavy Cream for non Paleo
- Chives - Finely Chopped
- Brown onion in a pan with a little oil (coconut or avocado). 5-8 mins.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until squash is soft. 20-30 mins.
- Blend with a hand whisk or a blender.
- Add a Tbs Cream and a sprinkle of chives and serve.