I love to find new ways to keep us all eating healthy, sugar free, unprocessed breakfasts and this recipe is one of them.
When my daughter was about 18 months old, she had no interest in eating. Not anything. She had only just about doubled her birth weight. She just wanted to play and do art and run and swim and go to the beach. I would sneak little snacks into her mouth when she wasn’t looking and she would eat without really noticing she was eating. I had to make each mouthful really count, so I only gave her organic and unprocessed foods. She grew up loving everything vegetable and hates the taste of soda.
I had to take her to the pediatrician every 3 months to be weighed, just to make sure she was doing well. Her iron levels were all off the charts (dried apricots cut into tiny pieces) and she was right where she should be with her development. I was sent to a nutritionist and the first thing she said to me was to give her cheerios. Perhaps it was the corn syrup or the Butylated hydroxytoluene or the inflammation forming wheat that she thought my daughter should be eating. I asked her this very question and her mouth fell open. I don’t think she had a clue what real nutrition is.
Don’t listen to all so called experts. Google it and find out for yourself. Make sure you use credible sources.
This recipe takes a little preparation, but it well worth the effort if you like eggplant. If you don’t like eggplant, you can substitute with a large Zucchini.
- 1 Eggplant - Broiled with a little ghee
- 2 Eggs - Poached
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes - Sliced or Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Avocado*
- Fresh Parsley*
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Chicken Sausage*
- Slice eggplant and tomatoes (cherry toms leave whole) and rub with ghee and seasoning (and garlic if you like).
- Splash with olive oil and broil Eggplant and tomato under grill for 10 minutes on each side.
- Poach eggs by boiling some water, taking it off the heat and gently dropping each egg into the water. Let sit for 5 mins or until desired softness, with the lid on.
- Stack the eggplant and tomato and top with poached egg and parsley.