A vegetable packed, paleo breakfast full of color, flavor and nutrition. Spinach, mushrooms, sausage and bacon all tossed together and topped with nature’s perfect food. Beautiful eggs. Perfect for Sunday brunch.
I don’t like sausages, so I only added it to one half. You can add or leave out anything you want on each half. Custom make it for everyone eating it.
You could add a sweet potato. Just chop and cook for 10 minutes in the skillet while you get your ingredients together.
Make this the night before if you want to relax and stay out of the kitchen or if you have guests. Just add the eggs before you are ready to cook it.
Most herbs work really well with this dish, but I threw some basil on to serve. I also used some left over baby zucchini. You can really use your imagination with this dish. Substitute bell peppers or asparagus. Avocado, Artichoke hearts, broccoli or cauliflower. Anything you that you have available. You can even add cheese on top if that is part of your diet.
- ½ Sweet Onion - Chopped
- 1 1lb Mushrooms - Sliced
- 4 Rashers Turkey Bacon - Chopped
- 2 Cups Spinach or Chard - Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cooked Chicken Sausage - Chopped
- Favorite Herb - Thyme is good with mushrooms
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Place a greased ovenproof dish in the oven with the tomatoes. Turn the heat to 400F and as the oven reaches the right temp, the toms will soften. Meanwhile...
- Heat a little ghee in a skillet and cook the onion and garlic until translucent, 5-8 mins.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until the juice has cooked dry.
- Place this mix into the ovenproof dish with tomatoes. Put back into oven.
- In the empty skillet, cook the bacon until desired crispiness.
- Add cooked bacon, sausage and chopped chard to the dish.
- Season with favorite herb and salt and pepper.
- Gently crack the eggs on top of the mix and bake until eggs are almost cooked but the yolks are still runny, 10-15 minutes. Take out and let sit for a few minutes.