One Pot Wonder
An easy to make, mildly spiced, low calorie, healthy, vegan, one pot dish. Make enough to freeze for another day. You can also add spinach for extra nutrition.
Eggplant, part of the deadly nightshade family, along with avocado, potato and tomato, is a close relative of tobacco and dates back to 544. Eating eggplant has the same amount of nicotine as being around someone smoking, so it is very low. Although the nightshades are highly nutritious, they should be eaten in moderation. The alkaloids can have an effect on your nerve-muscle function and people with arthritis should be especially careful of this group of foods.
Serve with brown rice and Cucumber and Tomato salad with Low Calorie Dressing.
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions - Diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic - Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Hungarian Sweet Paprika - Or any Paprika
- 2 tsps Turmeric
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Large, ripe, Organic Tomatoes - Chopped
- 2 Cups not-Chicken Stock - Or regular if not vegan
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Large Eggplant - Cubed
- 3 Large Organic Potatoes - Peeled and Cubed
- 2 Tbsp Marjoram
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Freshly Ground Seal Salt and Black Pepper
- Saute onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes. Add spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and gently boil until potato is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Let boil gently for another hour.
- Or you can add everything to the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of fresh yoghurt.