Here is a fun vegetable packed, Paleo way to serve a healthy, low calorie Sunday morning breakfast.
Bell pepper is in this recipe, but I forgot to add it.
Low Calorie Breakfast Big Stacks
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato - Cut into thick rings
- 2 tsps Pesto
- 4 Mushrooms
- ½ Onion - Cut into Rings
- 4 Eggs - Poached
- ½ Cup Spinach
- 2 Slices of Avocado
- ½ Cup Marinara Sauce
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper - Optional
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Boil filtered water in a pan, enough to cover 4 eggs, and take off heat.
- Immediately crack eggs into water and cover with a lid. Leave eggs to slowly cook in the boiling water, but keep off heat. 15 minutes.
- While eggs cook, slice Onion and tomato into rings and cook on a medium/low heat in a skillet in a little oil. Put pesto onto tomato. Turn when brown.
- Slice mushrooms into rounds, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Sauté Spinach until wilted. You can use the same pan as the mushrooms.
- Place onion ring on plate. Add tomato ring. Pile a little spinach onto tomato. Place poached egg on top. Decorate with warmed marinara sauce and slices of avocado.