This dish has as as little or as much heat as you want. Jalapeño’s have all their heat in the seeds and the membrane. So you can remove all or some of them, depending on how much heat you like. For a medium heat, leave the seeds in half a jalapeño and scrape the rest. Here is another popular breakfast dish for you to try, Paleo Cauliflower and Spinach Breakfast Bread.
This is a mild, cheesy, eggy, flavorful breakfast. Make this recipe the night before when you are in the kitchen, and cook it the next morning. A treat for egg and cheese lovers. You can serve this with marinara sauce and you have a winner. I don’t often use pre made foods, but I used frozen grated potatoes for this. They are organic (Cascadian farms) and don’t have preservatives.
- Makes 2 dishes
- 4 Free Range Eggs - Beaten
- Splash of Milk
- 1 Small Onion - Chopped
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Green Chiles, 4oz ( no heat )
- 3 Jalapeño Peppers - Seeded and scraped ( no heat )
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese - Grated
- ¼ Cup Grated Potato - per dish
- 1 tsp Taco Season Mix
- 1 tsp Mustard - Your favorite
- Tomato to Decorate _ Sliced
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Lay potato in the bottom of your dish. I used 2 small 6 x 2 inch oven proof dishes with oil sprayed inside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour egg mix on top of tots, decorate with slices of tomato and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 400F for 30-40 Minutes depending on the depth of your dish. Leave to sit for 5 minutes before serving.