Happy 2015! Every year we start out with a fast. This year, we were already doing a juice fast, so we just kept on juicing. Lots of vibrant, green, natural, life giving, nutritionally power-packed, cancer fighting, energizing juices. We also started doing The Perfect Workout. An exercise program that really builds muscle and stimulates metabolism. We sleep better, our mind seems clearer, we have more energy, feel stronger and our skin is glowing as if we have been sun bathing.
Juicing is so packed with nutrition, that you don’t ever feel hungry. Once you get over your cravings, which usually takes 3-5 days, it’s very easy to stick to and the fat falls off.
At the weekend I want to make a lean protein for my husband. I use free range, ground organic turkey breast and I make a variety of dishes. I serve them with a fresh, healthy, colorful salad or some steamed green vegetables. No dairy, sugar or grains.
This dish is just 150 calories. Turkey and apple burgers with sliced tomato, sweet sautéed onion, topped with Sun Dried Tomato Marinara Sauce. 1.5 oz turkey breast weighs in at just 81 calories. The rest of the calories are the vegetables and a dash of oil to saute.
- 3oz Ground Turkey
- ½ Onion - Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- 1 Apple - Grated or Carrot
- Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- ½ Fresh Tomato - Sliced for garnish
- ½ Onion - Cut in half and Sliced for sauté
- 2 Tbs Marinara Sauce
- Mix burger ingredients together in a bowl (not the slices of tomato or onion).
- Form into 6 patties. Add some chopped spinach or any veg if you like.
- Cook in a skillet on medium/low until golden brown on each side and thoroughly cooked 6-8-minutes.
- Saute onion on med/high in a skillet in a little oil until golden brown, 5 mins. Season.
- Place burgers onto onion, layer burgers with tomato and top with marinara.