The most delicious, creamy curry I have ever made was Paneer Butter Marsala. I have not made much Indian food, so I was very happy with how authentic this tastes.
In England, Indian food is now considered “traditional” English food!!! It is so common and so widely loved that it has been incorporated into British culture and is as british as fish and chips.
Here is a delicious dish to use your lovely fresh paneer, Paneer Butter Marsala. A mild, creamy, slightly nutty curry with soft, paneer cheese as the main ingredient.
You can serve this with my Gluten Free Indian Spinach Chapatis.
You can buy paneer cheese from any Indian market, but it is expensive. It is so easy to make yourself, and tastes so fresh, it is well worth making your own. All you do is boil some milk and add lemon until it separates.
- 2 Liters of Whole Milk
- 2-3 Tbs Lemon Juice or Vinegar
- Heavy Object
- Boil 2 Liters of Whole Milk (gently, so it doesn't burn on the bottom).
- When it boils, add 1-3 Tbs vinegar or Lemon Juice.
- It will then curdle. If it doesn't, add more Lemon or vinegar.
- Take off heat. Pour off whey (the liquid) and put curds (solids) into muslin and squeeze out remaining liquid.
- Put something heavy on top, for 40 minutes to press.
- Place on chopping board and cut into cubes.