On the Go
I was trying to find a healthy dish to take to my daughter’s volleyball tournaments. We have to be there for the entire day, so I take a picnic with me and make it into a little party. It’s not so easy to find a low calorie, easily transportable dish that doesn’t contain bread or dairy or meat. I have salad all week, so these little packets of fresh organic vegetables make a delightful change.
Kelp noodles do not require any preparation and give a wonderful noodle texture to these rolls, without the calories. Just take them out of the bag, rinse, and they are ready. I am so totally amazed by all the wonderful foods available to us now if we want to be super healthy. Here is another super healthy lunch recipe for you, Cucumber and Tomato salad with Low Calorie Dressing.
I make enough vegetables for 3 times this recipe. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge and make your rolls fresh. If you keep the rolls overnight, lay a damp cloth on the top to keep them moist.
- 1 Pack Rice Wraps
- Green Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Kelp Noodles
- Ginger Dip
- 3 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic - Crushed
- 1 Tbs Ginger - Finely grated
- 1 tsp Wasabi
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Cut all the vegetables into long strips (julienne).
- Dunk rice paper into a bowl of warm water for just a second.
- Place on a cloth and lay vegetables and some noodle in the center of the rice wrap.
- Roll the wrap making as tight as possible, and cut in half. Use 2 wraps if you find them hard to roll without breaking.
- For the dressing, put all ingredients into a glass jar with a lid and shake. Keep in fridge.