This filling but light dish, is an amazing 200 calories. For a 6oz portion of Cod, there are a mere 148 calories. The remaining vegetables and slither of butter, barely add up to 50 calories.
This is by far the easiest way I have found to cook fish. Just throw everything on parchment paper with your vegetables and fish, drizzle a dash of white wine, butter and herbs, and bake. I have had many unsuccessful ventures with fish, but this method always seems to turn out soft, succulent and perfectly cooked. Here is another easy cod dish that is only 160 Calories, Wild Fish Poached in Lime Consomme With Wilted Baby Spinach.
The flavors infuse together delightfully in the pouch, and you are left with fish full of flavor, with no marinating. This entire dish took me just 10 minutes to prepare. Very low calorie, easy to prepare and very healthy. How often do you need a dish that can be prepared and cooked, start to finish, in just 30 minutes? Quite often I am sure. Well here is the answer.
I also have to recommend a Spiral Vegetable Slicer. I just bought one from Amazon, (free shipping) and I am thrilled with it. There are so many different dishes to make with it, and I have only used zucchini so far. When zucchini is prepared this way it is so much like pasta, it’s almost unbelievable. Baked, crunchy and spicy shoestring fries next!!
- 12 oz Wild Cod
- 1 Organic Tomato - Diced
- 2 Organic zucchini - Diced or Spiral
- 4 Green Onions - Chopped
- 6-8 Baby Chard Leaves
- ½ - 1 lime or Lemon - Juice Only
- Splash White Wine - Optional
- Few Parsley Leaves - Torn
- ¼ oz Butter - Chill a thin slice and cut into very small pieces (13 calories)
- Sprinkle of Chili Powder or Smoked Paprika
- Freshly ground Himalayan Pink Salt and black Pepper
- Place cod on a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- Cover fish with remaining ingredients and fold into a pouch.
- Bake at 350F, for 20 minutes.