Easy to Make
This has to be one of the tastiest and easiest soups out there. You can literally throw it all in the crock pot, shred the chicken at the end and you have a really low calorie, healthy meal for very little work. I make enough for at least 3-4 meals. You can even get mirepoix (pre chopped onion, carrot and celery) from some stores to save you even more time, but still have a freshly made soup.
Here is another really low calorie soup for you to try, and you can eat as much as you want!! Eat All You Want Soup.
- 2 large chicken breast ( Free range and organic )
- 1 sweet onion - Diced
- 3 carrots - Diced
- 3 stalks celery - Diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- zucchini - sliced into rounds ( optional....use as much as you want )
- 2-4 tbs Organic better than Bouillon chicken base
- 4-6 cups filtered water
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- salt and pepper
- (if you want to add 1 Tbs butter it adds a rich flavor, but more calories)
- Put everything into a cooking pot except the parsley and peas, and bring to the boil. Slowly simmer with the lid on for 1½ hours. Or put everything in the Crockpot for 4 hours on high.
- at the end, take 2 forks and shred the chicken breasts by pulling the chicken apart. If it don't fall apart really easily, just cook for a little longer.
- Add peas and cook until tender.
- Add more chicken base if you want extra flavor. Take out the sprigs of herbs or serve with soup.
- Serve with sprinkled parsley on top.