Easy and fast, a healthy chicken salad recipe for everyone to enjoy.
One chicken breast is 260 calories. If you have half a breast each, it’s only 130 plus the calories of the oil and nuts. Without the oil and nuts you won’t feel satisfied.
You can make enough for 4 so you have another meal for later in the week. To keep you on track, keep an airtight container full of salad, in the fridge at all times. You are much more likely to serve salad with your meal if it is 3/4 made already.
You can pre chop lettuce, water cress, cucumber, bell pepper, celery, radish and green onion, but don’t put the tomatoes in the salad until you serve, and then they will stay fresh.
TIP: Keep tomatoes in a bowl on the counter and see how much more flavor they have when you serve them. If they start to spoil you can then put them into the fridge.
- 1 Free Range Chicken Breast
- Cajun Seasoning Mix - Sprinkle on both sides of chicken ( or your favorite )
- 2 Heads Romaine - Chopped
- 2 Cucumbers - Chopped
- 1 Bunch Water Cress
- Sprinkle with Roasted Nuts ( optional )
- Spitz of Flax Oil
- Splash Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Cut chicken breast in half so it's not as thick, sprinkle salt and pepper and Cajun seasoning on both sides.
- Tenderize by pounding with a tenderizer or put into a ziplock bag and gently use a hammer
- Heat oil in non stick pan on med high and cook chicken until it has blackened and thoroughly cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- Put salad in a bowl, sprinkle with nuts and spritz with Flax oil and vinegar and season. Add cooked chicken and serve.