Don’t Worry, Be Happy
You can’t spend your life worrying about getting sick, but if you are informed, you can eat delicious foods that can help you to stay healthy. Cruciferous vegetables have been studied by scientists and they have found that the inclusion of this food group (5 servings or more a week), will help with cancer prevention (especially lung, breast and prostate) heart disease and diabetes.
Cruciferous vegetables are cancer fighting power house foods, full of nutrition. They contain caretenoids, C, E, K, foliate, fiber and lots of minerals, including calcium. Here is a Cancer Fighting Detox Honey, Orange and Ginger Smoothie you might like to try.
Dark Green Vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables fall into the ‘dark green’ vegetable category. A must for preventative health. They are also a source of calcium. Many people suffer when they eat dairy. Believe it or not, dairy is not only mucus forming in the lungs, but it is not a good source of calcium as the dairy industry would have you believe.
The Crunchy vitamin E packed, anti-inflammatory, heart and brain healthy walnuts are packed with Omega 3’s. And are also highly beneficial in the prevention of cancer . Eat 1 oz per day for optimum protection.
- ½ Onion - Thinly sliced
- ¼ Each Red and Green Cabbage - Thinly sliced
- Brussels Sprouts - Thinly sliced
- Kale -Thinly sliced
- Walnuts - Chopped
- Feta Cheese - Crumbled
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Splash Oil
- Squeeze Lemon - Optional
- Red Bell Pepper - Optional to serve
- Chop vegetables and mix together in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium and gently cook the onion and garlic 5-10 mins.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook on med/low until desired wilt is achieved and a slight caramelization.
- Squeeze a little lemon on to serve if desired.