An easy but healthy chicken recipe. Full of flavor, creamy and so tender.
Another easy but tasty recipe to add to your repertoire. Although this has heavy cream in the recipe, it is actually very low calorie. The cream only adds 75 calories per person. I don’t think chicken lends itself to anything better than Fresh black pepper, heavy cream and garlic.
I always have garlic and a fresh herb available in my kitchen. I also have Chicken Bouilion. If anything can add flavor, these can. What a difference to the flavor of food! I cook the most simple of dishes, and they taste incredible if I just add these basics.
A few years ago, I had a friend who cooked for me all the time. She used all the same ingredients that I did. Chicken, fresh vegetables, cream, and yet her food tasted so bland. She didn’t buy organic, and that does make a big difference to flavor but I could never understand why her cooking didn’t taste good. When I watched her cook, I thought “this recipe has to be tasty”. Then I would eat and there was always something missing. But somehow, when I ate her cooking, I never liked it. But then I realized. She never used freshly ground salt and pepper or fresh garlic, ever. Those simple ingredients can really make all the difference.
Serve this chicken with a seasonal vegetable (asparagus, broccoli, green beans, peas) and a small baked sweet potato. Healthy, delicious, filling and satisfying.
- 2 Free Range, Organic Chicken Breasts
- Freshly Ground Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs Ghee (or oil to saute)
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- ½ Fresh Lime - Juiced
- 1 Onion - Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbs Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbs Ghee - Cubed
- Heat oil or ghee in a skillet and brown chicken on both sides. It will be cooked again, so it doesn't have to be fully cooked.
- Set aside. In the same skillet, add remaining ingredients and gently cook until reduced. About 10 mins.
- Return chicken to pan and gently simmer for 20 mins until chicken is fully cooked.