More Cauliflower Recipes
Another delicious but healthy addition to my cauliflower collection. Thick, creamy, cheesy and garlicky, this dip is smooth and delicious.
I wanted to have some cheat food for my birthday celebrations, but I don’t like to get too far off track. I love to eat cheese, but I rarely indulge because it is so high in calories. This dip keeps the calories down because there is no cream cheese or mayonnaise and it’s mostly just pureed cauliflower.
You can easily add extra cheese or even some butter for a richer taste. If you blend the cauliflower while it is still hot, there is no need to grate the cheese. Just cut into 4 chunks.
I made just enough for a canapé, but you can double the recipe to serve at a party.
- ½ Head Cauliflower - Steamed
- 4 oz Cheese (I used Gruyer and Cheddar blend)
- 1 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese - For Browning
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Peeled Whole
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Optional additions: Dijon Mustard, Creamed Horseradish, Fresh Herbs, Green Onion, Extra Cheese
- Place steamed cauliflower, Cheese, garlic, and seasoning into a food processor and blend until perfectly smooth.
- Place dip into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with parmesan and brown under the broiler 5-8 mins.
- Serve warm with crackers or sliced cucumber,carrots or celery.