This is a healthy, cancer fighting, gluten free alternative to bread. Full of cruciferous vegetable and natures perfect food, eggs. Ideal for a low calorie, vegetable breakfast topped with an egg and served with sliced tomato. Or you can use them as a delicious alternative to the highly processed, nutrition free flour pizza bases.
Here is another vegetable packed, low calorie, healthy breakfast recipe for you to try, my Paleo Spinach and Cauliflower Breakfast Bread.
You can make the flatbreads ahead of time and freeze them in bulk. Just layer with parchment paper and take them out when you need them.
How to make Flatbreads
1. Make cauliflower into breadcrumbs using a food processor or chop if you don’t have one.
2. Mix everything together in a bowl. Place on lined baking sheet or pizza stone in 6 inch rounds. Press into shape with a fork.
3. Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
To Make Pizza
4. Cover base with pesto. Add chopped onions and or sun dried tomato if you like them.
5. Add tomato and olives (optional).
6. Add basil leaves or dried oregano. Season with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
7. Sprinkle a little Mozzarella and bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Broil to brown if necessary.
- 3 Cups Cauliflower - Chopped to breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese - Grated
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 2 Cloves Garlic- Crushed - Optional
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or your favorite herb)
- Few Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Freshly Ground Sea salt and Black Pepper
- In a food processor, make the cauliflower into breadcrumbs and place in a bowl.
- Stir remaining ingredients into cauliflower and place on a baking tray. Makes 4 x 6 inch flatbreads.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with a little cheese and broil if you like them a little cheesy.