Who ever thought spaghetti could taste so good and yet be so healthy? We are living in a wonderful time. Spaghetti made from black beans.
In the spirit of sharing all the wonderful, heathy, gluten free alternatives that are available now, here is my best find to date. Spaghetti made from black beans. Yes, just black beans and water and they taste totally amazing.
I don’t often serve processed foods, but this organic spaghetti is going to be a regular. You can order it from Amazon at a discounted price, and get free shipping.
Each bag has 5-6 servings and they cost $5 a bag.
Spaghetti is usually very cheap to buy but it is also very high in calories and very low in nutrition.
I haven’t eaten spaghetti in years because of this, and I am totally delighted to finally have an alternative that I approve of. There have been a number of gluten free alternatives to Spaghetti, but so many ended up all mushy when cooked, or they just tasted weird. This black bean spaghetti, doesn’t!! It doesn’t get all glutenous or break down and it tastes delicious.
The serving size recommended is a 2oz portion at 180 calories. I had a 1 oz portion and found it was plenty with my fresh green salad.
- 2 - 4 oz Uncooked Black Bean Spaghetti
- Quick Paprika Pasta Sauce
- Splash of oil to cook Onion - (Coconut,Olive)
- 1 Onion - Chopped into ¼ ( no need to dice we are going to blend at the end)
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Peeled
- 1 Can Organic Tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Smoked Paprika (or regular paprika or chili powder)
- 1 Tbs Gluten Free Flour (or regular)
- 1 Bay Leaf - Optional
- 1 Cup Water
- Freshly Ground Salt and Black Pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes. Add flour and cook for another few minutes.
- Add water, tomatoes, bay, spices, seasoning and stir.
- Cook on medium until sauce slightly thickens, 10-15 mins.
- Take out bay leaf and blend with a hand blender.