Now we have spruced up our yard ready for the summer, and all my pots are bursting with color, I want to be outside as much as I can. I found some delightful new patio furniture, with Laura Ashley style blue print and some wonderful plant stands in a garage sale, sprayed them blue, and transformed my patio. All my plants and herbs and veggies are in full swing and here in California, it’ just a crime not be outside as much as possible.
So I decided to make as many different dishes as I can for the grill this year. If you love the smell of mesquite, here is a dish to try, with an Indian flare. Here is my How to Charcoal Grill the Perfect Tuna Steak recipe.
Be very gentle with the mushrooms or they will fall apart. If you prefer to stuff them with ground turkey, it is an easy substitute, just leave out the nuts and breadcrumbs. The paneer cheese was so delicious, I grilled the entire batch. Just marinate it in the dressing and you have them for another dish. Serve with quinoa.
- 12 Medium button mushrooms
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 Red Bell Peppers - Cubes
- 1 Large Onion - Cubes
- Paneer Cheese - Cubes (optional)
- For the Stuffed Mushroom:
- ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs (Gluten Free)
- 1 small Egg - Beaten 1 Green Chili - De-seeded, Finely Chopped 1 Clove Garlic - Crushed ½ tsp Coriander ½ tsp Cumin Few Sprigs Cilantro ¼ Cup Cashews - Finely Chopped Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- For the Marinade:
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Fresh Ginger - Grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ tsp Kasoori Methi Leaves (optional)
- 6 wooden skewers - Soaked in water for 20 minutes.
- Mix ingredients for marinade in a bowl or food processor, put mushrooms in the marinade, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Mix together the ingredients for the filling and stuff into the mushrooms.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick skillet and put mushrooms, stuffed side down, into the skillet and cook on low until crispy on the one side.
- Coat chopped bell pepper, onion, cheese with oil and seasoning.
- Put everything onto skewers and cook on BBQ with mesquite chips, on high for about 2 minutes.
- If you prefer to turn the vegetables, cook the mushroom separately and don't try to turn them, they will fall apart.